WHEN: Sat. Sept. 12th, 2015
This will be the second annual “Run Holden Beach” event that includes a 1 Mile fun run/walk, 5K & Half Marathon followed by a BIG after party at the Pavillion under the bridge. Join us for this over-the-top event in Holden Beach.
All 3 courses will be 100% on road across Holden Beach which is one of the flattest courses you will find! The half marathon and 5K both take runners over the Holden Beach bridge which adds some elevation and brings the most unique scenic views into the event. This is the FIRST EVER half marathon on Holden Beach that goes over the bridge!
Why Should You Run Holden Beach?
- We’re benefiting the Turtle Patrol on Holden Beach. 100% of the proceeds from our 1 mile “Turtle Trot” will be passed on to this great non-profit that helps our turtles nest on Holden Beach.
- We’re at the beach! Make it a fun long weekend and enjoy some sand in your toes.
- We’re throwing a big party immediately following the races including music, food, energizing workouts sponsored by Crossfit OIB, and fun for the whole family! *This will be a non-alcoholic event.
- Medals?? OH YEAH! We go big! Everyone who finishes any of our races will get a unique medal that they’ll be excited to hang on their wall and wear around.
- T-shirts (Sizes: Youth Small to Adult XXL) – We splurge for a little nicer t-shirts that you’ll want to collect and wear around – go ahead, be proud that you ran.
- Fun & Professional atmosphere. We’re certified race directors with professional timing and a well planned out event – but we know how to have fun; you’ll have to come check it out yourself!
- This race is just 1 week after Labor Day. If you’re down for the weekend, don’t miss this fun event as a runner, walker or spectator.
*Medals are guaranteed to runners that have signed up by August 1st. All other finishers will receive a medal based on availability.
**T-shirts and sizes are guaranteed to registered runners that have signed up by September 1st. All other registered runners will receive t-shirt based on availability.
Half Marathon - 7:00 AM
1 Mile Turtle Trot – 7:30 AM on the beach about a 5 minute walk from the 5K & Half Marathon Start Line.
Kindred 5K - 8:00 AM
1 Mile Turtle Trot - No time limit so take your time.
Kindred 5K – 60 min. time limit so about 20 minute miles. (15 min. miles is a fast walk)
Half Marathon - 3hr. 30min time limit so roughly 16 minute miles. Plenty of opportunity to walk in the race and enjoy the scenery.
Now that the races are over, the fun begins. We’re going to have lots of fun during the after party at the pavillion under the bridge with a free live concert, food, smoothies, games, crossfit style workouts and challenges, and awards.[/accbody]