We’re gearing up for the best turkey trot yet in Calabash, NC with about 1400 runners This is our pre-race email (now blog) with loads of information! We just opened up a few more spots in each of the events Monday morning (all individual events sold out on 11/21) so if you know someone that wants to participate, be sure to let them know asap. Register: http://CalabashTurkeyTrot.com
LOCALS: If you are a Calabash local and just looking for local traffic information – click http://Traffic.CalabashTurkeyTrot.com for all of the information you need. This post is for participants in the race.
NEED TO KNOW INFO:
- Your bib number is in your pre-race email – you can also look it up here. If you don’t have your bib, it should be at the start/finish line area.
- Click Here for directions to parking and arrive 45-60 minutes before your race
- Start Times: (10K: 7am) (5K: 8:30) (1M: 9:15)
- Medals/Shirts are handed out after the race in the finish line chute.
- Wear a costume & hang around for pie and coffee, awards at 9:30am.
Detailed info below on exactly where to park, your courses, race day schedule and frequently asked questions. If you’ve read this whole post and have any additional questions, please reply and we’ll be happy to help.
ALL OF THE RACE DAY INFO:
If you registered before Nov. 11th and don’t have it yet, please let us know, these were mailed on 11/11. Anyone who signed up on Nov. 11th or later can pick it up at the start line race day – there are no other early packet pickup options this year. Please arrive 60 minutes prior to your race to park and pickup your bib.
Where To Park Race Day?
Parking is HERE or use this address: 9939 Nance St, Calabash, NC 28467
*From Beach drive, be sure to turn down River Rd! (NOT Riverview)
Our team and volunteers will be helping to get you parked as quickly as possible. Please DO NOT park in Calahan’s, Boundry House or Oyster Rock parking lots – they have not approved parking for participants. Also there is a grass lot near our finish line we cannot have cars parked in.
When To Park Race Day?
We encourage you to arrive 45 -60 minutes before your race. No need to be stressed by getting here late. We will park everyone as close to the start line as possible but there will be 1,000+ cars to park – please come early.
NOTE: 5K & 1M runners – Unless you’re running in the 10K, you can show up about 7:20-7:30. You will come down River Rd. which will be full of 10K runners from 7am – 7:15. Also, there will be runners on the road as you arrive so please allow extra time and drive slow as you approach the race to park.
It’s not too late to get started on your best costume ever. If you think running/walking a turkey trot is fun, try it in the coolest costume ever. We once had a family make a Mayflower ship and run the entire race together in the ship – it was epic and something I and many others will never forget. Create a really fun costume and be entered in the contest for a fun prize!
What’s The Race Day Schedule?
7:00am – 10K starts
8:30am – 5K starts
9:15am – 1 Mile starts
9:30am – All awards will be given out all together
9:30am – COSTUME CONTEST!
*After Party will be going on all day as you finish with pumpkin pie, coffee and music!
Coffee provided by Toasted in Calabash. If you go in, mention “Jojo” for $5 off your bill!
When Will I Get My Shirt & Medal?
These are finisher items and will be handed out IN the finish line chute as you cross the finish line!
Challenge Runners – Where do I get my swag?
If you are in the challenge, we don’t make you run your 2nd & 3rd races with your medals and shirt. You’ll have a single challenge bib for all 3 races and you’ll get all of your medals and shirt at a separate tent near the finish line after the 1 Mile.
All finisher item swag is shipped to you within 2 weeks following the event. You are able to complete your virtual walk/run anytime before or after you receive your items, this is on the honor system.
We are following all local and state mandates regarding the current pandemic. This has been ever changing the past 18 months so this is our current policy as of today:
- Negative tests are not required to participate.
- Vaccinations are not required to participate.
- Face coverings are optional. You are welcome to wear one if you wish.
- Be smart and safe. Wash your hands and keep distance from others.
- If you’re not feeling well – please stay home.
- Please be kind and courteous to others.
- Awards are every 5 yr starting with <9 for 5K and <14 for the 10K.
- We have Top 3 Master’s Awards for M/F 5K & 10K as well as top 3 Overall M/F.
- 2 waterstops on the 10K course and 1 on the 5K.
- Spectators are welcome and encouraged!
- We love dogs but they are not allowed at the event due to insurance. Sorry.
NEW CERTIFIED COURSES: