- $25 - 1 Mile Registration
- $35 - 5K Registration
Jul. 3 2021
- Medals & Giveaways
- After Party
- Everything Race Day
- Course Maps
- Packet Pickup
- Covid Policy
- Get Involved
- Am I Registered?
All FINISHERS (and participants that pre-register to run “virtual”) will receive the finisher medal and tshirt for the race. The medals are 3-D and the wheels on the 5K medal spin (as shown below). The tshirt is butter soft and comes in unisex sizing Youth Small to Adult XXXL.
Hotdogs and sodas in the park will be waiting for you at the finish. We’re not shooting off fireworks at 7am but we will be having a good old fashioned cookout (covid friendly) and can’t wait for you to join us!
Designated parking is near the start/finish area and we’ll have parking volunteers and our team will assist you in parking at approved locations a short walk to the start line.
The 5K starts at 7:00am sharp so don’t be late. You want to make sure to give yourself plenty of time to get parked before the start of either race. The 1 Mile will start at 8:00am.
Safety is our #1 priority. While we work with local authorities and NCDOT to shut down as many roads as possible, a portion of the course is open to vehicles so it’s important to be aware of your surroundings.
- We discourage headphones – but they are allowed
- No dogs are allowed per USATF sanctioning – unless ADA approved and appropriate forms are filed with USATF
- Follow our directional signs, volunteers and law enforcement – they know the course and where you need to be running.
- Use our water stops to stay hydrated and have fun, we’ll see you at the finish line!
Hang around a while. We’ll have the DJ playing your favorite tunes, post race food and games – plus awards for top overall, masters and age groups (every 5 years) for the 5K.
We host the awards ceremony right in the park. 5K awards typically start around 1 hour after the start of the 5K event. We create unique large wooden plaques and coasters for our awards as a unique keepsake.
- Overall awards are given for top 3 male and female in the 5K
- Masters awards are given for top 3 male and female (40+) in the 5K
- Age Group awards are given for top 3 male and female (every 5 years) in the 5K
- Arrive early – late starts are NOT allowed.
- Bring your bib and pre-race hydration.
- Wear your bib on the outside of all clothes for accurate timing.
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- Thank a volunteer, they are donating time to ensure a fun and safe run.
- Have Fun!!
The 1 Mile is completely in the park doing loops around the walkway. The 5K is a certified road course through the heart of Shallotte down Main St.
We will not have a race day packet pickup. All packets must be either picked up on Friday July 2nd or you can choose during checkout to have us ship your packet (bib only) for an additional fee.
Packet pickup will be held on Friday 7/2 from 3pm – 7pm at the Mulberry Park in Shallotte.
Your Safety Is Our #1 Priority
- Packet Pickup: This will be held outside in Mulberry Park on 7/2 from 4pm – 7pm. Physical distancing and masks are required and enforced.
- Additional Packet Pickup Options: We’ve allowed for people to have their packets shipped (+small fee to cover shipping) or picked up at a location in Myrtle Beach to reduce participants coming to packet pickup for each event. *There Will Be No Race Day Registration or Packet Pickup Allowed.
- Race Cap Limit: We’re setting limited participant caps for each race and event. We base these on the current executive order allowing 12 people per 1,000 sqft in sporting fields and parks as well as limitations each town permits.
- Masks: These will be required by all and strictly enforced. With several pre-race communications and race day “Safety Ambassadors”, we will ensure everyone has a mask on at all times while not running on course. Our protocol for previous races has been mask on at all times while not running – this includes in the start corral before you begin running and before you cross the finish line into the finisher chute.
- Physical Distancing: This will be required and enforced at all times around our start/finish area and after party area.
- Safety Ambassadors: We will have and equip 3 safety ambassadors to be around our start/finish area and after party area to enforce everyone wearing masks and keeping a distance. They will have a megaphone and signs.
- PPE: All volunteers and staff will be required to wear proper masks (and gloves where necessary)
- Signage: We will have dozens of signs reiterating masks and distance requirements. We ask that all participants please follow these mandates so that we can continue putting on fun and safe events.
- Start/Finish Coral: We’re transitioning to a start “window” with an “elite heat” kicking off the race and everyone else safely distancing during a time-frame immediately following. Our “Safety Ambassadors” will be stationed with signs to enforce masks and distancing. We’ve also adjusted our finish corral to use half of the lane and keeping our start line open for this longer period of time.
- On-Course Hydration: Participants need to be self sufficient on hydration on the course.
- Hand Washing Stations: These will be placed by the Port-a-Johns near the start/finish area.
- Virtual Option: If for any reason you don’t feel comfortable running with us on race day, feel you may have come in contact with someone who has Covid-19 or have any symptoms at all – we have removed any fee and are allowing for a free option to remove yourself from the race and run virtual at no charge, no questions asked. Stay home, run anywhere/anytime and receive your race swag at your door. *We usually charge to make any changes to your registration because, to be frank, it affects operations, logistics and the race financially in ways most don’t understand. We will just ask you to cover the shipping costs of your medal and shirt (hotdog not included).
- Parking: This is all very close to the start line.
There will be ZERO exemptions to the rules above. We’re not debating here on what works or doesn’t. There’s not political agenda here. We want to put on a fun and safe event where everyone feels comfortable.
If you have any specific questions, please don’t hesitate to email: firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll be more than happy to help!
- What type of face covering is allowed? (i.e. Buffs/gaitors)
- ALL face coverings are acceptable. Buff/Gaitor, surgical masks, etc.. They must cover mouth and nose.
- Are there virtual options for all races?
- Yes, every race and event of ours has a virtual option. You can register for these or switch at a later date. Keep in mind if registering for the virtual event and wanting to switch later to the in-person event, there will be an extra charge for the difference. If you register for the in-person event and switch to a virtual event, we do not refund the difference.
- What if I have a medical reason that prohibits me from wearing a mask?
- You can run virtual, we will not be allowing anyone around the start/finish area or after party without a mask. No exception.
- Do spectators need to wear a mask?
- Absolutely. No one is allowed near the start/finish area or after party area without a mask. No exception.
- What type of face covering is allowed? (i.e. Buffs/gaitors)
We have several FAQ’s listed here. If you don’t find your answers here, we have a more in-depth FAQ page here on our website that applies to all races.
We partner with a professional Timing Company that will provide accurate results. Shout out to Scott with SVE
Every Coastal Race Productions event is certified with USATF and measured for accuracy. If you are hopeful for a state or national record, please give us a heads up so that we’re expecting it and can take proper actions to fill out the paperwork needed for your submission. Our full marathon (at Oak Island) is also a Boston Marathon qualifier.
- Military, Students & Teachers – Yes!
- Are you a member of a race club or group – contact us for club discounts.
- Use our contact form – click here
Are Dogs Allowed:
No. All of our courses are USATF certified and sanctioned and dogs are not allowed for safety reasons. If you have a 4 legged running companion for medical reasons, you can file a request through the USATF ADA Committee (which takes 4-6 weeks) by clicking here and if they approve, they will provide you documentation that you will then need to provide to us. Here is a direct link to the form you’ll need to fill out.
We really prefer for you to register online if at all possible – it’s quick and easy with the link at the top of the page.
Can I walk:
Yes! Our 1 Mile and 5K races have no time limit and our half marathon time limit is 3.5 hours (16 min miles) – plenty of time to walk most of the course if you’d like.
We have no age restrictions however we do ask for parent or guardian signatures on all minors under 18 years of age.
Aid: There is 1 water stop along the 5K course with water and Gatorade.
Support: We will have a truck monitoring the route with water and acting as a “SAG” wagon if you need assistance. Volunteers from several different local non-profits are assisting on the course for directions, as well as at the finish line and all of the water stops.
Signage: We are known for our fun and encouraging on-course signage to keep you on course. We have tape marked on the ground, tons of directional signs, and a biker will lead the race. We have 8′ flag mile markers for every mile on the 5K.
Potty Breaks: There are over 10 portajohns/toilets at the start/finish line.
Finish Line: Post race, we’ll have bananas, water and more.
You’re going to LOVE running a Coastal Race Productions event!
We do provide race day photos and our amazing photographer tries to get some of everyone! If you see her please thank her for all of the awesome FREE photos to enjoy! These will all be uploaded to our Facebook page please feel free to tag yourself and share with your friends and family.
You may manage this 100% on your own through your RunSignUp account. There is a $6 processing fee online for any refunds to be issued and we provide the following options based on how far in advance you make the request from the original race date. If the race is cancelled or postponed for any reason due to weather, pandemic, war or another reason out of our hands; refunds are processed from the original race date following the same timeline as follows:
More than 60 days from event: 75% Refund
30-59 days from event: 50% Refund
Less that 30 days from event: No Refund
If you want to change from one distance to another distance at the same race on the same weekend, we allow you to do this yourself prior to any Coastal Race Productions event. This cutoff to switch is typically the final week leading up to a race and based upon availability in that event. You will manage this through your RunSignUp account and there is a $15 processing fee. Need Help? Click Here for a tutorial on how to edit this.
You can transfer your bib to another runner prior to a race. You must login to your RunSignUp account and initiate this bib exchange by placing their name and email in. The recipient will receive an email to accept the bib, pay a $15 processing fee and sign our online waiver. Whether you gift it to them or they pay you for it on this side is up to you. Need Help? Click Here and look for “Transfer to Another Runner” for a tutorial on how to edit this.
Visit our General FAQ’s page for answer’s to all of your questions regarding Coastal Race Events.
*Please note: Anyone on the course without a race bib will be asked to leave the course. Anyone running with a dog unless you have the required USATF paper work will be asked to leave the course. Companion riders on bicycles are not allowed and will be asked to leave the course. These are all due to insurance regulations and are grounds for disqualification – It is for the safety of ALL participants.
Volunteers are loved by all! We would be thrilled to have you join our race day team. Waterstops, cheer stations, handing out our HUGE medals, amoung many other things. We rely on some key non-profits that we partner with locally but we could always use some extra support. If you’re interested in volunteering with us, please use our volunteer page here to contact us.
Do you have a local non-profit wanting to fundraise through our events? Contact us to find out how we pay our volunteers and offer other ways to fundraise at Coastal Race events!
We support several local non-profits. 100% of any donations made directly support these local groups that help volunteer at the race. You can make donations online here
We will have results posted after the race online. This is the first year for the event so there are no previous results to look at online.
Not sure if you’re registered? You can check right here