Please read the below pre-race information in preparation for the 2020 Calabash Turkey Trot!
WHAT’S INCLUDED IN THIS POST:
– Packet Pickup options: when/where/how..
– Covid-19 Protocols: No water stops, facemasks & drive-thru packet pickup
– Race Day Information
– Giving back on Thanksgiving
– Referral Rewards – $5/ea – Share the Love!
GIVING BACK: FOOD DRIVE & DONATIONS
Thanksgiving is a time to get together with friends, family and be thankful for all of the great positive things in our life. It’s also a time to give back. Many of you have generously donated online to the local non-profits we support. If you’d like to make any donation online, it would greatly be appreciated! Click Here To Donate – Thank you!
We’re also taking any non-perishable food donations you can make to the local food bank. If you’d like to gather a few items or small bag of items to the race, you can drop them near the awards tent and we will take them to the local food bank after the race.
EARN $5 FOR EVERY SINGLE REFERRAL
Send your link to a friend. This can be accessed in your Run Sign Up Account.
Your friend signs up
You get $5 back on your card.
It’s that simple
PLUS – right now, there’s a special $5 off the 5K & 10K (no code required). Please SHARE and spread the word about this fun Turkey Trot. With a 10k, 5k, mile, 3 race challenge, pumpkin pie, costume contests, huge finisher medals and killer merchandise – the Calabash Turkey Trot is the one to be at!
PACKET PICKUP DETAILS: WHEN/WHERE/HOW
There will be NO RACE DAY PACKET PICKUP! We’ve added additional options for EVERYONE to pickup their packet – even virtual runners! If you’ve selected to pickup your packet at Fleet Feet Myrtle Beach your packet will be there, if not, you must pick it up in Calabash on Wednesday.
Please have your bib number ready – you can look up your bib number here: https://runsignup.com/Race/RegistrationLookup/?raceId=16902
*It was also emailed to you.
Hours For Fleet Feet Myrtle Beach Packet Pickup:
Monday 11/23: 10am – 6pm
Tuesday 11/24: 10am – 6pm
Wednesday 11/25: 10am – 3pm
Drive-Thru Packet Pickup in Calabash: If you do not select to pickup your packet at Fleet Feet MB prior to race day, you must pickup your packet on Wednesday from 2pm – 6pm at our drive-thru packet pickup located at the Calabash Covenant Presbyterian Church located here
Address: 8820 Old Georgetown Rd SW, Sunset Beach, NC 28468
COVID POLICY & CHANGES!
This year will look a little different with Covid-19, but we’re just happy to be racing again. We’ve successfully put on a great event using these policies in South Carolina and are happy to do it again for the Calabash Turkey Trot. Here are the key things you need to know.
1) Drive-thru packet pickup. No expo, no getting out of your car. We’ll host this in a large parking lot. We’ll also have an off-site early packet pickup option in Myrtle Beach at Fleet Feet if you’d like to pick it up there.
2) There will be no race day registration allowed.
3) Masks are required at all times while not running on course. This means BEFORE you start and right BEFORE you cross the finish line.
4) Rolling Start & Distancing. We’ll host an elite heat for runners going after an overall or masters award – these are based on “gun time”. Everyone else will enter the start corral a few at a time and use their “chip time” which doesn’t start until you cross the start line – these are used for your official time and age group awards. We ask that everyone stay distanced from others before, during and after the event.
5) No water stops! We will have 1 re-fueling station around mile 3 on the 10k and mile 2.2 on the 5K. You must carry your own hydration and if you need refueled, we will have water available. Volunteers will pour from a gallon into your own hydration bottle. This is meant to be a zero-touch zone for safety.
IMPORTANT RACE DAY INFO:
Start Line: is located here (Address: 1162 River Rd, Calabash, NC 28467)
Parking: Arrive at least 30-45 minutes prior to your race to allow enough time for parking everyone. We will have volunteers assisting with parking as you arrive on Beach Dr. (179)
*If you arrive after 7am, keep in mind there will be hundreds of runners on the road and increased traffic. Please come early!
7:00am – 10K start
8:30am – 5K start
9:30am – 1 Mile start
You may pickup awards at 8:15 for the 10K and 9:30 for the 5K at the awards tent. We will have age group Trophies every 5 years, Master’s category & a Costume contest! We will not host an awards ceremony in effort to reduce crowds due to covid.
We will have pumpkin pie, coffee and hot chocolate at the finish line – costumes encouraged!