This email is sent to all participants registered for the Run North Myrtle Beach Sunglasses Half Marathon & 5K on March 26th, 2022! Incase you know someone who didn’t receive it or you’re registering late – here’s all the info you need!
5K – Sold Out – Limited spots in the Half Marathon & Challenge! We will close registration regardless on Friday night so click here to get registered!
Thank you so much for running the inaugural North Myrtle Beach Sunglasses Half Marathon & 5K! In its first year, we have over 1,000 participants joining us from 31 states & 2 provinces in Canada! Participants range in age from 6 to 85 years! This is the pre-race email with all of the details to have a fun event this weekend so PLEASE read through it carefully.
HUGE THANK YOU TO OUR SPONSORS!
This will take place on Friday March 25th from 2pm – 7pm at the J. Bryan Floyd Community Center. The address is 1030 Possum Trot Rd. North Myrtle Beach, SC 29582. We will have some of our sponsors there and you will be picking up your bib and tshirt for the event in the morning. CLICK HERE FOR DIRECTIONS TO PACKET PICKUP
* Please try to come on Friday if at all possible. If you can’t make it but a friend is available to get your bib, please have them get for you. If you absolutely can’t get it on Friday night, please come extra early Saturday morning and we are allowing race day pickup for this event.
* Please have your bib number handy when you come and if a friend is picking it up for you, give them your bib number.
CLICK HERE FOR DIRECTION TO THE START LINE
(or use the address: 211 Main St, North Myrtle Beach, SC 29582)
Plan to arrive at least 60-90 minutes before your race for parking! There are several free parking lots around North Myrtle Beach including public beach accesses and lots off of Ocean Blvd. You should have no problem finding a parking spot on race morning.
PRO TIP: Arrive extra early for some really close parking spots!
6:45a – 5K Start
7:45a – Half Marathon Start
8:00a – 5K Awards
10:30 – Half Marathon Awards
11:30 – Half Marathon Cutoff Time
*We will have water stops roughly every 2 miles on the half marathon and 1 midway on the 5K
*There are pacers on the half marathon from 90min up to 2.5 hours
*Age group awards are every 10 years, Masters awards (over 40) and Overall all awards.
Official Race Course Maps:
We’re providing a picture below. CLICK HERE for a hi-resolution PDF as well.
Results & Photos:
Results will be posted online immediately as you cross the finish line and photos are provided for free to all participants via our Facebook page and uploaded to your results page later in the day (please be patient as our photographer works hard to upload these for you).
- No Late Starts: We do not allow late starts at this event due to traffic being opened up and course logistics.
- Corral Etiquette: Do your best to line up in the corral based on your pace. Pacers will be lined up in the corral 10 minutes prior to the start to help you with this.
- Pace Groups: Pacers in the Half Marathon are here to help you achieve your goals. They can comfortably run at their pace so find them before your race, introduce yourself if you’d like to run with them!
- Elite Heat: No need to email us. If you run a sub 2:50 marathon or sub 1:25 half marathon or a sub 20 min 5K – we’re going to be making announcements 15 minutes prior to the start of each race calling for elites to make their way into the start corral. Please go to the front for our gun start. *Overall awards are done by gun time!
- Portable Toilets: These are located in the park and several on-course.
- Hydration On Course: We have water & Gatorade roughly every 2 miles on the courses. 1 on the 5K, 7 on the half marathon.
- Awards: We have some really cool wooden age group, overall, and masters awards. These will be handed out during the awards ceremony. Every 10 yrs for age group awards & 40+ for masters are all by chip time – these are on the back of your bib tracking when you start and finish. Overall awards are given by gun time based on the start of the race.
- Results: These will be live online during the event and updated automatically as you cross the finish line.
- Beer & BBQ: You will have tickets on your bib good for one beer and one BBQ. *No ID = No Beer
- Course Signs: We have hundreds of signs on course, duct-taped arrows on the road, and over 100 volunteers, police, and staff out on the course to help you.
- Virtual Runners: Your items are shipped within 2 weeks following the event. Thank you for joining us virtually!