Thank you for participating in Novant Health Run Holden Beach events on January 18th! This post includes absolutely everything you need to know about race weekend. If you have any other questions, please check out the race website here and our FAQ page here; or email email@example.com if you have any other questions we haven’t covered.
WANT TO RUN FOR FREE?: Earn your registration fee back and some exclusive swag like a cool Boco backpack and BAM “Running Trucker” hat. Refer your friends by sharing your referral link that was included in your registration email. It’s easy to do! Full details of our referral program can be found here. Refer enough people and you could RUN ALL YEAR FOR FREE!
SAVE $10! (35% OFF!) – EARN DOUBLE BLING! – 5K RUNNERS CAN RUN THE BEACH BALL MILE
Save $10 with code “BBMILE”. Know someone that can participate in the 1 mile? Or do you want to earn an extra medal and run the 1 mile with us? For only $20, participants get a really cool athletic style “Running Trucker” hat and all finishers receive a cool suncatcher style beach ball miler medal! Click Here to Register Online
PRE-RACE PACKET PICKUP:
We are asking ALL packets to be picked up here on Friday night.
WHEN: Friday January 17th from 2pm – 7pm
WHERE: Sabbath Home Baptist Church located HERE (990 Sabbath Home Rd. Holden Beach, NC 28462).
IMPORTANT: Have your bib # %BIB_NUMBER% and ID ready please.
FAQ: Can a friend pickup your packet?
Yes, you may have a friend/family member pick up your packet. They must have your bib # %BIB_NUMBER% and copy of your photo ID. This could be a picture or screenshot on their phone – or printed.
FAQ: What goes on at Packet Pickup?
You get your packet – bib, pins and hat. There are also several vendors setup for health, wellness and athletic performance so bring some cash/card to do some fun shopping. Also, Coastal Race will have some crazy special deals for future races!
*Packet Pick-up is over promptly at 7:00 Please don’t call and ask us to stay late 🙂 We start setting up the course at 2:30am and we have to be cleaned up and out of the church by 8:00pm. Your packet will be at the start line in the morning – just come EXTRA early!
IMPORTANT!! Arrive No Later Than 6:00AM – Plan to arrive on the island of Holden Beach by 6:00AM for both the Half and the 5K. There is a massive amount of traffic coming onto the island all at once so anticipate a lot of traffic. The bridge will shut down from 6:50AM – 7:30AM so if you’re not on the island, you WILL miss the start. (CARPOOLING ENCOURAGED)
PARKING: You DEFINITELY want to come over the bridge and onto the island to park – click here for directions. We will have staff and volunteers directing you to approved parking areas. The island of Holden Beach has very limited parking and we’ve done our best to secure as many lots as possible for you. We’ve spoken to the local authorities to be lenient on parking tickets. Please follow all directional volunteers in the morning to get you to parking lots and areas we have approved for parking. Sides of roads are allowed – we encourage perpendicular parking and please make sure your entire vehicle is off of the road. Please do not block any race signs.
FLEET FEET BAG DROP: Our friends at Fleet Feet will be managing the bag drop on race day. You must either use a completely clear bag or one of our free clear bags for your items. The bag drop will be located right near the start/finish area and race day packet pickup next to the amphitheater – look for the fleet feet flag.
(1) Arrive 1 hour early for parking and warm-up.
(2) Bring your bib & pins!
(3) Make an AWESOME sign! Especially spectators!
(4) Bring pre-race hydration! We’ve got your need’s covered after the race with bottle water, banana’s, jugs of Gatorade, pizza and beer. But be sure to bring any pre-race hydration or nutrition you may need.
5:30AM – RACE DAY PACKET PICKUP OPENS AT START/FINISH LINE
CLICK HERE for directions to the start/finish line.
7:00AM – HALF MARATHON STARTS
– 7 Water Stops with Gatorade and Water
– 3 Potty Breaks 🙂 (although there are lots of “unofficial” Porta-Johns along the course)
7:15AM – 5K STARTS (But again, be sure to be over the bridge and on the island by 6:30am)
– 1 Water Stop with Gatorade and Water.
8:30AM – 1 MILE STARTS
– A Fun Walk/Run on the road – 100% of the money from this race goes directly to local non-profits!
9:00AM – 1 MILE & 5K AWARDS
9:45AM – HALF MARATHON AWARDS
*If you go to the website: http://runholdenbeach.com you will see a large course map and a printable PDF for all of the routes. We will also have large maps for you to look at during packet pickup and by the start line on race day.
1) Pre-hydrate and use all of our waterstops! Pre-hydration for a half marathon should also take place in the days before the event!
2) When running where it hasn’t been coned off, please run against traffic and stay to the side of the road and be courteous of drivers and residents.
3) Follow your race arrows on ground, signs, overhead and volunteers on course.
4) Find a pace group at the beginning to place yourself in the corral by speed even if you don’t plan to run with the pace group.
5) Don’t let headphones and music keep you from hearing runners and what’s around you. Be a conscious and courteous runner.
6) If you need to walk, please pull over to the side first so runners right behind you can easily get around without stopping.
When Are Awards? 1 Mile/5K awards will be around 9:00; Half Marathon awards will be around 9:45.
What Awards Are Recognized? Top 3 overall Male/Female, Top 3 Masters Male/Female and 5 year age groups.
Strollers Allowed? Strollers are allowed on all courses but must start in a separate corral. Please start toward the back and we will have a different start for you. Please be careful and watch your surroundings!
Dogs Allowed? Sorry to say but due to USATF sanctioning, no dogs are allowed at the event.
Age Restrictions? No age restrictions, parental consent for all runners under 18 for any races are required.
Will I receive a medal? All runners will receive a medal, we will not oversell.