This is your 3rd pre-race email and we’re answering some frequently asked questions so PLEASE read it carefully for important race information! We are excited to host this in-person event safely in Sunset Beach on March 27th! HUGE thank you to Sacred Willow Spa located in Calabash, NC as well as Fleet Feet Myrtle Beach for the support at the race this year!
MUST KNOW FAQ’S:
#1) NO WATER STOPS – only refilling stations. We’ve covered this on the website and other pre-race emails but this means you need to carry your own bottle or hydration pack. Participants need to be self sufficient on hydration and we’ll only be able to provide refill stations. You remove the lid to your bottle, our volunteer pours water/gatoraide in, you keep going and put the lid back on. These will be every 3 miles on course and allow for a zero-touch zone by volunteers. No refueling station on the 5K.
#2) BIBS – If you signed up on 3/19 or later, you’ll pickup your bib race morning – come early! Everyone else is having their bib mailed or picked up at Fleet Feet Myrtle Beach. There’s no on-site packet pickup on Friday! If your bib doesn’t arrive in time, we can reassign a new bib race morning – please come extra early for this on race morning.
#3) COVID POLICY: Strictly enforced! Masks Required & 6′ distance at all times (yes you can take them off on course ONLY). More info below.
#4) SCHEDULE: 5K starts at 6:45am, Half Marathon Starts at 7:15am (11am cut-off time) & 1 Mile starts in the park at 8:30am. Arrive for parking 5:30 – 6:00am. CLICK HERE or use the following address: 136 Sunset Blvd N, Sunset Beach, NC 28468 *See diagram below.
#5) SWAG: The Finisher Medal & Finisher PJ’s will be picked up after the race. If you ordered a Tshirt, that will also be available for pickup.
MORE: WANT TO KNOW
1) Pace Groups: If you are wanting to run with a pace group, these will be positioned near the start line and will enter the start corral together after the elite heat goes off. It’s important to maintain physical distancing here as well!
2) Awards: We have really cool wooden age group, overall and masters awards. These will be handed out under the pavilion in the park throughout the day. Every 5 yrs for age group awards & 40+ for masters are all by chip time (chips are on the back of your bib tracking when you start and finish). Overall awards are given by gun time based off of the start of the race.
3) Results: In effort to reduce crowds, we will not have awards posted on-site and will not have the normal computer lookup or printable receipts. These will be live online during the event and updated automatically as you cross the finish line. CLICK HERE to see the results page (same page will be updated on race day). So on your phone, just go to Results.CoastalRace.com and you will see your time before you even get out of the finisher chute.
DETAILS: NICE TO KNOW
1) Corral System: There will be one long line with 6′ distance markers. One person or family per line! See the diagram below. We’ll start the race with the elite heat followed by a continuously moving line. Your official start time will not begin until you cross the start line.
2) RaceJoy Enabled: If you run with your phone, be sure to download the “RaceJoy” app and search for “Run Sunset Beach” to allow runner tracking. Spectators and friends can track you online, send you cheers, and you’ll receive audio cues along the course. This is paid for by the race and free to you as the runner.
3) Elite Heat: No need to email us. If you run a sub 1:25 (male) / 1:35 (female) half marathon or a sub 19 min (male) / 21 min (female) 5K – we’re going to be making announcements 15 minutes prior to the start of each race calling for elites to make their way into the start corral. You may skip the line and enter the start corral to the front for our gun start. *Overall awards are done by gun time so if you think you will place in the top 3, be sure to get up front!
4) Portable Toilets: These are located near the park as well as every 3 miles on the course (near each refueling station).
5) No Beer & BBQ: We were not approved for beer or BBQ at this event due to covid. Believe us, we love providing this at our events, but it was not approved so we will be thankful to host a live in-person event and hope situations improve to provide this for future events.
6) No Shuttles: We’ve arranged much closer parking this year since we weren’t given approval for shuttles. If you’ve run this event in the past, you may be used to parking about 2 miles away and grabbing the shuttle provided by the race. We are not able to provide that this year due to covid restrictions so we’re arranging closer parking. Arrive early for the closest parking spots!
7) Where Can I Park & Not Park? We’ll have a team helping you to park when you arrive but just so you know approved parking, see the map included below. If you find yourself in a parking spot that is 2x-3x the length of your car – or if you see boats parked next to you – that’s the boat parking and you will be towed!
8) More COVID Details: The Covid-19 Pandemic is on everyone’s mind and when it comes to the safety of an event, we leave no detail left out. In effort to be completely transparent, we will try to give you as much insight as to what to expect when coming to a Coastal Race Productions event and how your safety is our top priority.
- Packet Pickup: All bibs are now being picked up off-site at Fleet Feet Myrtle Beach or shipped to your door prior to the race. Only late registrations can pickup packets on race morning.
- Race Cap Limit: We’re limiting entry based on the current executive order allowing 12 people per 1,000 sqft in sporting fields and parks as well as limitations each town permits.
- Masks: These will be required by all and strictly enforced. There are zero exceptions.
- Physical Distancing: This will be required and enforced at all times around our start/finish area and after party area. The only time you may remove your mask is while on the course.
- Safety Ambassadors: We have safety ambassadors stationed around our start/finish area and after party area to enforce everyone wearing masks and keeping a distance. Please help us and them by following the rules.
- Start/Finish Coral: We’re transitioning to a start “window” with an “elite heat” kicking off the race and everyone else safely distancing during a time-frame immediately following.
- After Party Physical Distancing: We will not be hosting an afterparty for this event due to local and state restrictions.
- Hand Washing Stations: These will be placed by the Port-a-Johns near the start/finish area.
- Virtual Option: If for any reason you don’t feel comfortable running with us on race day, feel you may have come in contact with someone who has Covid-19 or have any symptoms at all STAY HOME!! Just send us an email up until race morning, we ask that you cover the small shipping charge but will gladly mail your medal and swag to your door the following week. PLEASE DO NOT COME TO THE RACE SICK!