Pre-race emails are important. With Covid, it’s even MORE important that you know what’s going on. PLEASE – PLEASE – read this email and let us know if you have any questions by replying to this email directly.
#1 – WE COULDN’T DO THIS WITHOUT FLEET FEET MYRTLE BEACH
It’s important to note that the Pink Ribbon Run could not happen this year without the support of our local Fleet Feet in Myrtle Beach. A big shout out and thank you to the team there for their generosity and support to get us back racing again. They are offering 15% off all hydration packs from now until the race (just show your confirmation email). Additionally, your bib will have a coupon for 15% off the entire store through all of October.
#2 – KNOW YOUR BIB NUMBER
*If you’re running the challenge (all 3 races), you will only receive 1 bib number.
*If you’re running 2 races, you will receive 2 different bibs.
*You can lookup your bib by clicking here
#3 – PACKET PICKUP – NO RACE DAY PICKUP AVAILABLE!
This is on Friday 9/25 from 12pm to 6pm ONLY – NO RACE DAY PACKET PICKUP.
*This will be drive through style.
*Please have your bib number ready (%BIB_NUMBER%)
Location: Alabama Theatre – click here for directions
(Address: 4750 Hwy 17 S, North Myrtle Beach, SC 29582)
*IMPORTANT: If you’re not able to pick up your packet between this time, please make arrangement for a friend to pick it up for you. They will need your bib number (%BIB_NUMBER%) and a picture of your ID (can be a picture on their phone).
*DUE TO COVID – WE ARE NOT ALLOWED TO HAVE A RACE DAY PACKET PICKUP!!
#4 – VERY LIMITED SPACE!
If you know someone missing out, we have VERY limited spots available. One race is sold out and we are likely going to sell out all events for the race. We will not have any race day registration available (due to covid..)
#5 – RACE DAY COVID POLICY
Races will look a bit different this year. Here are the main race day items you need to keep in mind!
NO WATER STOPS! The 5K will have 1 “Refueling” table to fill your own hydration pack if you’re carrying one. And there will be 2 “refueling” points on the 10k course. These “Refueling” stations will have volunteers with gallons of water to fill your bottle. NO CUPS. This is a zero touch station. You will be required to carry your own hydration if needed on course – we will have bottles of water at the finish line.
FACE COVERINGS: These are mandatory! Anyone entering the start & finish corral must be wearing a face covering. That means, don’t enter the start corral without a mask. Don’t finish without putting your mask back on. You do not need to run with your mask on.
ETTIQUETTE: Don’t high five, shake hands or get really close to people. You never know someone else’s comfort level or preferences. We are doing our best to keep everyone safe and have a fun event. Give plenty of room when passing on course. Pull over to the side when walking. Physically distance yourselves.
AWARDS: We are offering trophy’s for top 3 overall and masters male/female winners in the 10k and 5k. We will not have an awards ceremony. They will be available for pickup from the Fleet Feet store after the race.
START CORRAL: We will have an “elite” heat for those competing for overall placements. Everyone else will join the long start corral with lots of distancing. Age group awards will be based on “chip” time from when you cross the start line. Overall awards are based on the “gun” time so get up front if you’re competing for overall awards.
FINISH LINE PARTY: Our events are known for beer, bbq, music and lots of fun. Unfortunately as we are discouraging crowds, we will not be able to serve beer and bbq on-site. Believe me, we hate it as much as you do.
Please understand, these are 100% mandatory – no exception – meant to keep you and us safe. These restrictions allow us to race again so please help us by keeping distance from anyone you don’t live with.
#6 – PARKING RACE DAY
We have limited parking over the bridge near the convention center. Overflow parking is at the Alabama Theatre. If you don’t mind walking the .5 miles, please go ahead and park at the Alabama Theatre – Address: 4750 Hwy 17 S, North Myrtle Beach, SC 29582 – click here for directions. If you want to be close to the start line, arrive early and follow our parking volunteers. Click here for directions. Late arrivals will be parking at the Alabama Theatre, please plan ahead!
#7 – RACE DAY
10K – 7:30AM
5K – 9:00AM
1 Mile – 10:00AM
*Again, no awards ceremony as we are discouraging crowds to gather in one area.
#8 – 5 Ways To Donate To An Amazing Cause!
– Dedication Signs – Click Here – A $20 donation here where all money collected goes to local breast cancer charities! This sign is personalized to pay tribute to someone who has lost their battle with Breast Cancer. This sign will visible on all 3 race day courses and can be taken with you after the event.
– Survivor Signs – Click Here – A $20 donation here where all money collected goes to local breast cancer charities! This sign is personalized to celebrate someone who has survived Breast Cancer. This sign will visible on all 3 race day courses and can be taken with you after the event.
– #KarenStrong Signs – Click Here – A $20 donation here where all money collected goes to local breast cancer charities! Sadly, our local community lost a dear friend. These can be personalized with a message. This sign will visible on all 3 race day courses and can be taken with you after the event.
– Monetary Donations Online – Click Here – ANY AMOUNT is greatly appreciated!
– In Person – We will have donation jars available at packet pickup and on race day. Cash/Check – we will give it directly to the local breast cancer charities that we partner with.
MEDAL REVEAL VIDEO – CLICK HEREVideo Opens in a new page on Facebook
SHARE THE RACE – RUN FOR FREE!!
All new this year, you can earn $5 for every single person that you refer. Share your custom referral link: %REGISTRATION_REFERRAL_CODE_LINK% and you’ll automatically be given a $5 refund on your card for everyone that registers. Just a few spots remain!!
BREAST CANCER BY THE NUMBERS
- 1 in every 8 Women will develop Breast Cancer in their lifetime.
- 252,710 Women & 2470 Men were diagnosed in the United States last year.
- In 2018 in the United States 40,500 Women and 460 Men died of Breast Cancer.
- World wide every 2 minutes there is a new Breast Cancer Diagnosis and every 13 minutes someone dies of Breast Cancer.
- There are 3.3 Million Breast Cancer SURVIVORS in the US today.
Let’s Celebrate Together and Continue The Fight!
Coastal Race Productions is a local family owned business that produces some of the areas largest 5K, Half Marathon and Marathon road races along the Carolina Coast. With a focus on runner experience, all events are USATF certified & sanctioned events that participants love. You can learn all about the events managed by Coastal Race Productions online HERE or connect on Facebook.