Thank you so much for joining us for the 9th Annual Run Ocean Isle Beach certified road race! It’s just a few days away and as we get ready for Saturday 10/22, we’re covering a lot of the frequently asked questions regarding parking, expo/packet pickup, race day plans, after-party, etc.. plus lots of quick links to help you have a great race experience. But if you have any questions at all, you can respond to this email directly and we’ll do our best to respond promptly. Now, who’s ready to earn that #BigAssMedal?
Oh, and have you clicked “LIKE” on our Facebook page yet? If not, please do, just click here
KNOW SOMEONE THAT’S MISSING OUT? TELL THEM TO REGISTER QUICKLY BEFORE IT SELLS OUT!
We still have a few spots left in the Half Marathon, 5K, and 1-mile races. If you know someone that waits until the last minute to sign up, tell them to get online and register now. We will not be overselling our cap so we may not be taking registrations during packet pickup or race day. REGISTER HERE
PRE-RACE PACKET PICKUP INFORMATION (HIGHLY ENCOURAGED!!!)
We will host a packet pickup on Friday, October 21st from 2pm – 7pm at the Sea Trail Clubhouse located HERE (75A Clubhouse Rd, Sunset Beach, NC 28468). We are asking ALL packets to be picked up here on Friday night. If you can’t make it, it’s ok to pick up race day morning – but please come extra early!
FAQ: Is it ok to have a friend pick up your packet?
Yes, you may have a friend/family member pick up your packet.
FAQ: What goes on at Packet Pickup?
You get your packet – bib, pins, and t-shirts. There are also several vendors set up for health, wellness, and athletic performance so bring some cash/card to do some fun shopping.
*Packet Pick-up is over promptly at 7:00 PM Please don’t call and ask us to stay late! We start setting up at 2:00am and we have to be cleaned up and out of the packet pickup location by 8:00. Your Packet will be at the start line in the morning.
RACE DAY INFORMATION
(1) NEW! Start/Finish Line AND PARKING is OFF the island this year! Do not drive onto the island to park!
(2) This is partially an open course so it’s important to stay to the side of the road when not in coned sections. If using headphones, be able to hear your surroundings.
PARKING: There are several places to park around the start/finish line OFF THE ISLAND. CLICK HERE for directions to the parking area or use the address: 6278 Beach Dr SW STE 5, Ocean Isle Beach, NC 28469. Early birds get some really good parking spots!
(1) Arrive 45-60 minutes earlier for parking and warm-up.
(2) Bring your bib & pins!
(3) Cash for extra food, drinks – especially spectators.
(4) Make an AWESOME sign! especially those non-runners!
(5) Bring pre-race hydration! We’ve got your needs covered after the race with bottled water, bananas, BBQ, and beer. But be sure to bring any pre-race hydration or nutrition you may need.
5:30AM – RACE DAY PACKET PICKUP OPENS AT START/FINISH LINE
CLICK HERE for directions or use (1525 Ocean Isle Beach Rd SW, Ocean Isle Beach, NC 28469) for directions to the start/finish line.
7:00AM – HALF MARATHON STARTS
– 6 Water Stops with Gatorade and Water (roughly every 2 miles)
7:15AM – 5K STARTS (But again, be sure to be over the bridge and on the island by 6:30am)
– 1 Water Stop with Gatorade and Water.
8:30AM – 1 MILE STARTS
9:00AM – 1 MILE & 5K AWARDS
– Top 3 overall Male/Female and Every 10 Year Age Groups
9:45AM – HALF MARATHON AWARDS
– Top 3 overall Male/Female and Every 10 Year Age Groups
10:30AM – RACE CUT-OFF TIME
– To ensure runner safety, as we pick up cones and police assistance is relieved, we will ask for runners still on the road to move to the sidewalk at this point. If you don’t want to leave the course at this point, that is fine but understand water stops and course support is pulled at this time due to permit constraints.
*If you go to the website: http://runoib.com you will see a large course map and a printable PDF for all of the routes.
DON’T MISS THESE AMAZING BEACH RACES!
#1) 12/3 – Wilmington Historic Half Marathon & 5K – Downtown Wilmington, NC Click Here
#2) 11/24 – Calabash Turkey Trot – 10K, 5K, 1 Mile – Run ALL 3 for the “Ultimate Feast Challenge” Click Here
#3) 12/10 – [Rescheduled] Run Holden Beach Half, 5K and 1 Mile races Click Here
#4) Sign-up NOW for the 10 Year Anniversary – 2023 BAM race series of half marathons and 5K’s! Click Here
#5) 1/21/2023 – 40th Annual Winter Run 5K & 15K Click Here
#7) 2/18/2023 – FULL Marathon in Oak Island (A lighthouse, bridge and 13 scenic miles of beachfront running) Click Here
#8) 3/25/2023 – NMB Sunglasses Half Marathon & 5K Click Here
See more info and register online at CoastalRaceProductions.com
Can I swap t-shirt sizes? Yes, after the 5K starts on Saturday, based on availability.
Can I make a donation to Miles For Meals? Yes, cash or check donation at packet pickup and race day or online here
When Are Awards? 1 Mile/5K awards will be around 9:00; Half Marathon awards will be around 9:45.
What Awards Are Recognized? Top 3 overall M/F and 5-year age groups.
Strollers Allowed? Strollers are allowed on all courses. Insurance requires that they start in the back. Please be careful and watch your surroundings!
Dogs Allowed? Sorry to say but due to USATF sanctioning, no dogs are allowed at the event.
Age Restrictions? No age restrictions and parental consent for all runners under 18 for any of our races are required.
Will I receive a medal? All runners will receive a medal, we will not oversell.
What’s the plan for inclement weather? Come ‘on, let’s not even mention it. But this is a rain-or-shine event.
See our General FAQ’s Page and our Run Ocean Isle Beach Race Website for more information and again, please don’t hesitate to email us here and we’ll do our best to respond promptly.