Thank you so much for joining us at the 5th Annual Calabash Turkey Trot certified road race! We have some important information to help you have a great race so please read carefully.
As we get ready for Thanksgiving morning 11/28, we're covering a lot of the frequently asked questions regarding travel, parking, expo/packet pickup, race day plans, awards, etc.. plus lots of quick links to help you have a great race experience. But if you have any questions at all, you can respond to this email directly and we'll do our best to respond promptly.
Your bib # was emailed to you but you can always look it up here - Or if you registered more than 1 person under your email. You need to know this for packet pickup!
*Click "Am I registered" on the left side.
LIMITED SPACE! PLEASE SPREAD THE WORD!
10K - Only 25 spots left!
1 MILE - SOLD OUT
"3 RACE CHALLENGE" - Only 11 spots left!
We've sold out the 1 Mile and have limited space in both the 10K & Challenge. We have a little more room in the 5K though if you know someone who wants to join us for the huge medals, awesome shirts, pumpkin pie, trophies and the best turkey trot around this Thanksgiving. They can signup by going to http://calabashturkeytrot.com
What better time of year to help the less fortunate in our community. The South Brunswick Food Bank will be joining us on race day accepting any non-perishable food items. PLEASE help our local food bank this Thanksgiving with any donated non-perishable food items you can.
VOLUNTEERS STILL NEEDED! CLICK HERE
Volunteers have a ton of fun, receive a race shirt and can either:
1) Earn a free race entry - this is good for ANY of our races and can be used for yourself or a family member.
2) We donate to a non-profit on their behalf!
*So CLICK HERE if you have family coming, have them volunteer and earn you a free race entry good for any CRP race or they can help fundraise for a local non-profit!
PACKET PICKUP 3PM-7PM (HIGHLY ENCOURAGED!!!)
We will host a packet pickup on Wednesday November 27th from 3pm – 7pm at the Elks Lodge located HERE (937 Carter Dr SW, Calabash, NC 28467). We are asking ALL packets to be picked up here on Wednesday night. If you can't make it, it's ok to pick up race day morning - but please come extra early!
FAQ: Is it ok to have a friend pickup your packet?
Yes, you may have a friend/family member pick up your packet. They must have your bib %BIB_NUMBER% and copy of your photo ID. This could be a picture or screenshot on their phone – or printed.
FAQ: What goes on at Packet Pickup?
You get your packet - bib, pins and tshirt. There are also vendors setup for health, wellness and athletic performance so bring some cash/card to do some fun shopping. Also, Coastal Race Productions will have some great special deals for future races!
*Packet Pick-up is over promptly at 7:00 Please don’t call and ask us to stay late! We start setting up at 3:00am and we have to be cleaned up and out of the packet pickup location by 8:00. Your Packet will be at the start line in the morning - no worries:)
RACE DAY INFORMATION
*This is partially an open course so it's important to stay to the side when not in coned sections.
Parking and race day packet pickup begins at 5:30am. Plan to ARRIVE AT LEAST 45 MINUTES PRIOR TO YOUR START. There are several approved places to park (highlighted in RED below) around the start/finish line. Keep in mind when you leave there will be runners on the road so PLEASE use extreme caution and follow the direction of our staff and volunteers.
- If arriving prior to 7:15am, we encourage you to turn off of Beach Dr. onto Riverview Dr. This will take you down to close parking and avoid the start of the 10K.
- If arriving after 7:15am, we encourage you to turn off of Beach Dr. onto River Rd. This will avoid our finish area. You may be held for the start of the 5K between 8:15 and 8:40.
CLICK HERE for directions or use (1162 River Rd. Calabash, NC 28467) Early birds get some really good parking spots!
(1) Wear a costume! It's more fun that way and you'll be eligible for an extra special prize. (Optional, not required)
(2) Arrive 45-60 minutes earlier for parking and warm-up.
(3) Bring your bib & pins!
(4) Make an AWESOME sign! Especially those non-runners!
(5) Bring pre-race hydration! We’ve got your need’s covered after the race with bottle water, banana’s, and Gatorade; but be sure to bring any pre-race hydration or nutrition you may need.
5:30AM - RACE DAY PACKET PICKUP OPENS AT START/FINISH LINE
CLICK HERE for directions or use (1162 River Rd. Calabash, NC 28467) for directions to the start/finish line.
7:00AM - 10K STARTS
- 3 Water Stops with Gatorade and Water
8:30AM - 5K STARTS
- 1 Water Stop with Gatorade and Water.
9:30AM - 1 MILE STARTS
- A Fun Walk/Run on the road - 100% of the money from this race go to the Turtle Patrol!
10:00AM - ALL AWARDS
- Top 3 overall Male/Female. Top 3 Masters Male/Female, Every 5 Year Age Groups + Costume Award!
*If you go to the website: http://calabashturkeytrot.com you will see a large course map and a printable PDF for all of the routes. We will also have a large maps on-site for you to look at during packet pickup and by the start line on race day.
1) Pre-hydrate and use all of our waterstops!
2) When running where it hasn’t been coned off, please run where signs and volunteers direct you, stay to the side of the road and be courteous of drivers and residents.
3) Follow your race arrows on ground, signs, overhead and volunteers on course.
4) Find a pace group at the beginning to place yourself in the corral by speed.
5) Don't let headphones and music keep you from hearing runners and what's around you. Be a conscious and courteous runner.
6) If you need to walk, please pull over to the side first so runners right behind you can easily get around without stopping.
DON'T MISS THESE AMAZING BEACH RACES!
#1) Wilmington Historic Half Marathon & 5K - Downtown Wilmington, NC Click Here
#2) Run Holden Beach is now in January! 1/18/20 Half, 5K and 1 Mile races Click Here
#3) Run Oak Island 2/15/20 - FULL Marathon/Half/5K & 1 Mile (A lighthouse, bridge and 13 scenic miles of beachfront running) Click Here
#4) Sign-up NOW for the 2020 BAM race series of half marathons and 5K's! Click Here
See more info and register online at CoastalRaceProductions.com
Can I swap tshirt sizes? Yes, after the races have all started on Thursday, based on availability.
When Are Awards? All awards will be around 9:30.
What Awards Are Recognized? Top 3 overall M/F, Top 3 masters M/F and 5 year age groups.
Strollers Allowed? Strollers are allowed on all courses. Please be careful and watch your surroundings!
Dogs Allowed? Sorry to say but due to USATF sanctioning, no dogs are allowed at the event.
Age Restrictions? No age restrictions, parental consent for all runners under 18 for any races are required.
Will I receive a medal? All runners will receive a medal, we will not oversell.
What's the plan for inclement weather? This is a rain or shine event.