UPDATE – POSTPONED:
Oct. 11th – 2:30 PM
We just received a confirmed rescheduled date of December 10th, 2022 for the Run Holden Beach event. We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused and we hope most of you are able to join us for the new date. We will be sending an email to all participants in the event as soon as possible.
Sept. 28th – 3:00 PM
This is your 4th pre-race email and unfortunately it’s not one we’re excited to send. With hurricane Ian’s approach and the uncertainty of its landfall in the Southeast, the Run Holden Beach event this weekend is Cancelled. We are requesting reschedule dates and hope to have a date confirmed in the next two weeks. As soon as we have this date set, we will let you know immediately.
Without a new date secured, we will wait to transfer anyone to virtual. Also, anyone that had switched to virtual previously will have the opportunity to switch back to the in-person race at that time.
Thank you for your patience as we await a new date to be confirmed. We are told this could take a week or two so please give us some time and we will be in touch as soon as possible.
As you know, we always send a series of 3-5 pre-race emails with all of the important info for participants leading up to race day. Here we’re sharing lots of important information including a weather update.
WEATHER UPDATE: It’s unclear what or if any impact this storm will have on the coast of North Carolina. We are monitoring the situation and we’re in close contact with local law enforcement as well as city officials. If anything changes regarding the race, we will inform you immediately but as of now, the race is on.
RACE WEEKEND BULLET POINTS:
- Arrive early, parking volunteers are ready at 5:30 am.
- Bring your bib! Pickup Friday in Holden Beach.
- No ID = No Beer = Sad runners. Bring ID = Happy Runners.
- Full race day schedule below. 5K starts at 6:45 am and Half Marathon at 8:00 am
- Want a super detailed overview of your course? Click Here
#1) PACKET PICKUP: LOOK UP YOUR BIB # HERE
Not all races assign bib numbers ahead of time – but this one does! We will have a packet pickup from 2-7pm on Friday 9/29 in Holden Beach at Sharon UMC Church located at: 2030 Holden Beach Rd SW, Supply, NC 28462. If at all possible PLEASE try to pick up your bib here on Friday. If you can’t make it and no one can pick it up for you, we will have a pickup option Saturday morning at the finish line. CLICK HERE FOR DIRECTIONS
*You CAN have a friend/family member pickup your bib for you on Friday night if you can’t make it. Be sure they have your bib number and a picture of your ID (this can be a photo on your phone)
#2) SHARE THE LOVE!
– Use the hashtag #RunHoldenBeach
– Earn cash back immediately – every. single. registration. you refer earns you $5 so share your referral link everywhere!
– Come run with us at the other races! Run OIB (10/22), Calabash Turkey Trot, Wilmington Historic Half Marathon & 5K 12/3, 2023 BAM Race Series
#3) RACE DAY(10/1):
5:30am: Arrive To Park
6:45am: 5K Start
7:30am: 5K Awards
8:00am: Half Marathon Start
9:00am: 1 Mile
10:30am: Half Marathon Awards
11:30am: Cutoff Time
Once you come over the bridge onto the island, our volunteers will direct you to approved parking areas. Click Here for directions to the island or use the address: 131 Jordan Blvd, Holden Beach, NC 28462
Where Can You Park?
– Drive onto the island, you do not want to park off the island and walk over.
– We ask if you’re parking on the sides of the road to pull straight in perpendicular to the road where possible and make sure your entire vehicle is off the road.
– DO NOT park in someone’s yard or block their driveway – you will be towed.
– Paid parking on the island is suspended during the event – you will not receive a ticket before noon on Saturday morning of the race for parking in designated areas.
– Please do not block course signs with your car.
– Our volunteers and staff will be helping to direct you into approved parking areas. Here is a diagram for you as well:
– The BBQ & Beer Garden will be open immediately as you finish. Participants receive 1 free beer. Our permit does not allow us to sell beer.
– No ID = No Beer, we ID everyone so that we can keep serving beer at events.
– Awards are every 5 yr starting with <9 for 5K and <19 Half Marathon.
– We have Top 3 Master’s Awards for M/F 5K & Half as well as top 3 Overall M/F.
– 6 water stops along the course with water and Gatorade.
– Spectators are welcome and encouraged!
#4) VIRTUAL RUNNERS:
You can run literally anywhere/anytime. On a treadmill, around your neighborhood, another certified course – it doesn’t matter. And it can be anytime before OR after the actual event. This is on the honor system so you don’t have to submit results. You will not be listed in the official results. Your swag (medal/shirt) will be shipped as soon as possible within a couple of weeks after the actual event. This only applies to those that have registered for the virtual event.