We are excited to host you in beautiful Holden Beach this Saturday and we’re sharing lots of important information below so please read carefully. This has been sent to all in-person participants already via email so if you know anyone that is missing this information – please forward it along!
RACE WEEKEND BULLET POINTS:
- Packet Pickup is Friday from 2-7pm – please plan to pickup or have your bib picked up by a friend.
- Race Day – Arrive early, parking volunteers are ready at 5:30 am.
- Bring your bib! Pickup Friday in Holden Beach.
- No ID = No Beer. Please bring your ID if you’d like to partake.
- Full race day schedule below. 5K starts at 6:45 am and Half Marathon at 8:00 am
- Want a super detailed overview of your course? Click Here
#1) PACKET PICKUP: KNOW YOUR BIB #
Not all races assign bib numbers ahead of time – but this one does. If you didn’t see your bib number in your email, you can look it up HERE
WHEN: 2-7pm on Friday 12/9
WHERE: Sharon UMC Church located at: 2030 Holden Beach Rd SW, Supply, NC 28462.
If at all possible PLEASE try to pick up your bib here on Friday. If you can’t make it and no one can pick it up for you, we will have a pickup option Saturday morning at the finish line. CLICK HERE FOR DIRECTIONS *You CAN have a friend/family member pickup your bib for you on Friday night if you can’t make it. Be sure they have your bib number and a picture of your ID (this can be a photo on your phone)
#2) SHARE THE LOVE!
As you take pictures on raceday, please use the hashtag #RunHoldenBeach. We’d LOVE to have you join us at the other races, here’s what’s coming up in the area just after the new year.
★ 2023 BAM Race Series ★
Jan. 21 Winter Run [5K, 15K]
Feb. 18 Run Oak Island [Full, Half, 5K, 1M]
Mar. 25 NMB Sunglasses [Half & 5K]
Apr. 29 Run Sunset Beach [Half, 5K, 1M]
We provide a free tracking app that gives you updates each mile along your race. This allows friends and family to follow you as well! It’s absolutely FREE for you to use, you just need to download the RaceJoy App on your smartphone, set up ahead of time with your bib number, and carry your phone on race day.
#4) RACE DAY(12/10):
5:30am: Arrive To Park
6:45am: 5K Start
7:30am: 5K Awards
8:00am: Half Marathon Start
9:00am: 1 Mile
10:30am: Half Marathon Awards
11:30am: Cutoff Time
Once you come over the bridge onto the island, our volunteers will direct you to approved parking areas. Click Here for directions to the island or use the address: 131 Jordan Blvd, Holden Beach, NC 28462
Where Can You Park?
– Drive onto the island, you do not want to park off the island and walk over.
– We ask if you’re parking on the sides of the road to pull straight in perpendicular to the road where possible and make sure your entire vehicle is off the road.
– DO NOT park in someone’s yard or block their driveway – you will be towed.
– Paid parking on the island is suspended during the event – you will not receive a ticket before noon on Saturday morning of the race for parking in designated areas.
– Please do not block course signs with your car.
– Our volunteers and staff will be helping to direct you into approved parking areas. Here is a diagram for you as well:
#5) OTHER FAQ’S:
– The BBQ & Beer Garden will be open immediately as you finish. Participants receive 1 free beer. Our permit does not allow us to sell beer.
– No ID = No Beer, we ID everyone so that we can keep serving beer at events.
– Awards are every 10 yr starting with <9 for 5K and <19 Half Marathon.
– We have Top 3 Master’s Awards for M/F 5K & Half as well as top 3 Overall M/F.
– 6 water stops along the course with water and Gatorade.
– Spectators are welcome and encouraged!