Run Oak Island is less than a week away, are you excited? We’re including all the information for you to have an AMAZING race weekend with us so please be sure to read through this email carefully and be an informed athlete plus share it with your friends as it contains some key information you don’t want to miss as the race approaches.
QUICK LINKS & HIGHLIGHTS:
– Website – pretty much everything you need to know!
– RACE MAP – know your route! This is primarily an open course so be sure to stay to the side of the road.
– Join/Share our Facebook Event
– Event Hashtags: #RunOKI #RunOakIsland
– Packet Pickup at Oak Island Rec Center from 2-7pm Friday 2/16 located at 3003 Oak Island Dr. Click Here For Directions
– Start/Finish Line: 4624 E. Dolphin Dr. Oak Island, NC 28465 Click Here For Directions
– Bring your ID to packet pickup & race day!
– Questions Email: email@example.com
Please LIKE our Facebook page here & Join our Facebook Event here (and share/invite others!). On Instagram? ..So are we – click here to follow us. Use #RunOKI with your training pics and race day to share fun pictures on social media – we always pick 1 winner to enjoy a free Coastal Race on us!
Our 5K is 100% SOLD OUT! We have limited spots left in our half and full marathon so if you know someone waiting to register – tell them to sign up ASAP!
Looking for a place to stay?
Holiday Inn Express & Suites is offering a special rate for our runners and is just 7 miles from the start line! Use the group name: “Run Oak Island 2018” and our group code: “RUN”.
Call: (910) 253-9100 // Directions to the start line from the hotel – click here
Lets have some FUN!
The beer will be flowing – Landshark & Michelob Ultra – (BRING YOUR ID) and the pizza will keep coming. We also have a special BBQ surprise free to runners! Bring a pop-up tent, chairs, and bring friends to cheer others on! Bring yard games and plan to stay for the morning. We will have full marathoners finishing until about 1pm so stay to watch awards and have a great morning with other runners and friends.
SHARE THE LOVE OF RUNNING!!
We have plenty of room in the 1 mile race for your friends and family. Encourage others to join you in a walk/run at this fun event. – If they’re absolutely not going to run …that’s ok – have them make a sign. Cheering on runners is SOO much more fun when you have a cool sign! Also, this race is supporting over 10 area non-profits – all volunteers on course come from these local non-profits!
Packet Pickup (Friday 2/16 – 2pm – 7pm SHARP)
Oak Island Parks & Recreation Center located at 3303 E. Oak Island Dr. Oak Island, NC 28465 – Or you can click here for a map
– We ask that you please know your bib number when you come for packet pickup to speed things up.
– Enjoy our fitness expo! We have some great health and wellness vendors setup as well as cool gear for sale!
– Yes, you can pick up your friends packet with a photo ID – this can simply be a picture of their id on your phone; AND THEIR BIB NUMBER PLEASE.
What To Bring Race Day:
1) Your bib!
2) Your ID and cash/card – not for an uber on the course – for the after party! Beer/Pizza/BBQ is all free but there are vendors and swag for sale and ID is needed to serve you beer.
3) A smile and great attitude. We’re going to have a blast!!
4) There’s no bag check because parking is all around the start/finish line.
Race Day (Saturday 2/17 – 5:00AM – 1:00PM)
The Start/Finish line is located at 4624 E. Dolphin Dr. Oak Island, NC 28465 – Or you can click here for a map
Schedule is as follows:
– 5:00: Packet Pickup opens and is located next to the start/finish line. We REALLY encourage you to pickup Friday if at all possible please.
– 6:15: Packet Pickup closes for ALL RACES!
– 6:30: Full Marathon starts
– 7:00: Half Marathon starts
– 7:15: 5K starts
– 7:30: After party kicks-off with beer, pizza, BBQ and sponsors! Be sure to stick around.
– 8:00: 1 Mile starts (At the corner of 46th St. and Dolphin Dr. This is 1/2 block West of the Finish line) Listen for announcements leading up to this start!)
– 8:30: Awards for the 1 Mile & 5K
– 10:00: Awards for the Half Marathon
– 11:00: Awards for the Full Marathon
By The Numbers:
– We are expecting 1700 runners from 35 states and a couple of countries!
– Raleigh wins the top city followed by Wilmington then our local Oak Island runners.
– Ladies take the prize as the dominant gender making up 65% of our runners!
– – – – –