Oh, and have you clicked “LIKE” on our Facebook page yet? If not, please do, just click here
KNOW SOMEONE THAT’S MISSING OUT? TELL THEM TO REGISTER EARLY BEFORE IT SELLS OUT!
We have just a couple of spots in the Half Marathon, 5K and 1 mile races. If you know someone that waits until the last minute to sign up, tell them to get online and register now. We will not be overselling our cap so we may not be taking registrations during packet pickup or race day. REGISTER HERE
Know some of those “non-runners” but awesome supporters? Get them out here to cheer you on and tell them they will have 10 times the fun if they make a sign! Walkers are welcome too, in fact our 1 Mile proceeds are handed directly over to support some great local non-profits in the area!
IMPORTANT BEER GARDEN INFO!
Each race and area that we run in is unique with restrictions and laws that we must carefully follow. Please help us follow these rules so that we can continue to have a fun family friendly event with a beer garden to follow it!
1) No ID = No Beer – You must bring your ID to packet pickup. Here you will receive an “Over 21” band that you’ll need to wear on race day.
2) It’s a limit of 2 beers or ciders per runner. You will have tear-away tabs on your bib for this.
3) All alcohol must stay within the beer garden area! This will be held at Pelican’s Perch Restaurant right next to the finish line.
*We’ll have Michelob Ultra, Landshark & Bold Rock Apple Cider to choose from!
WHERE TO EAT?
Right at packet pickup, we’re serving a Pasta Dinner from 4pm – 7pm Friday night. We have limited tickets and they are only $10/ea. This includes Pene alla vodka (which is penne pasta with tomato cream sauce), Spaghetti and meatballs, bread and salad. We will have tea and water to drink as well. We will have to-go boxes for you as well if you need.
Pelican’s Perch (in Ocean Isle Beach) restaurant has some great food and is offering a runner special. They’re delicious! They are also hosting our beer garden after you finish the race and have been a race supporter all 4 years of the event!
Angelo’s Bistro (in Shallotte) is the best Italian food around. If you’re looking for a great sit down meal, you absolutely cannot go wrong here. They are a supporter of all of our races!
WHERE TO STAY?
(10 minute drive) Days Inn off of Hwy 17 in Shallotte, NC is a short drive from the start/finish line and very runner friendly. Be sure to mention you’re coming for the race.
(2 minute walk) The Islander Inn & Ocean Isle Inn are both on the island just down from the start/finish. You can wake up a little later and not have to worry about parking at all.
PRE-RACE PACKET PICKUP INFORMATION (HIGHLY ENCOURAGED!!!)
We will host a packet pickup on Friday October 6th from 3pm – 7pm at Ocean Isle Museum located HERE (21 E 2nd St, Ocean Isle Beach, NC 28469). We are asking ALL packets to be picked up here on Friday night. If you can’t make it, it’s ok to pick up race day morning – but please come extra early!
FAQ: Is it ok to have a friend pickup your packet?
Yes, you may have a friend/family member pick up your packet. They must have your bib %BIB_NUMBER% and copy of your photo ID. This could be a picture or screenshot on their phone – or printed.
FAQ: What goes on at Packet Pickup?
You get your packet – bib, pins and tshirt. Verify your bib works and has correct information for you. There are also several vendors setup for health, wellness and athletic performance so bring some cash/card to do some fun shopping. Also, Coastal Race will have some crazy special deals for future races!
*Packet Pick-up is over promptly at 7:00 Please don’t call and ask us to stay late! We start setting up at 2:30am and we have to be cleaned up and out of the museum by 7:30. Your Packet will be at the start line in the morning – no worries:)
RACE DAY INFORMATION
(1) The bridge will be limited to one lane for runners starting at 6:45 so ALL runners in the 5K or half marathon should be on the island to avoid traffic delays and missing the start.
(2) This is partially an open course so it’s important to stay to the side when not in coned sections.
PARKING: There are several places to park around the start/finish line. You will want to drive over the bridge and onto the island. Click here for directions or use (11 Causeway Dr. Ocean Isle Beach, NC 28469) Here we will have a volunteer directing you to the Pier parking lot and large grass lots we’ve been given permission to use. Early birds get some really good parking spots!
(1) Arrive 45-60 minutes earlier for parking and warm-up.
(2) Bring your bib & pins!
(3) Cash for extra food, drinks, swag – especially spectators.
(4) Make an AWESOME sign! especially those non-runners!
(5) Bring pre-race hydration! We’ve got your need’s covered after the race with bottle water, banana’s, jugs of Gatorade, pizza and beer. But be sure to bring any pre race hydration or nutrition you may need.
5:30AM – RACE DAY PACKET PICKUP OPENS AT START/FINISH LINE
CLICK HERE for directions or use (11 Causeway Dr. Ocean Isle Beach, NC 28469) for directions to the start/finish line.
7:00AM – HALF MARATHON STARTS
– 7 Water Stops with Gatorade and Water
– 4 Potty Breaks 🙂 (although there are lots of “unofficial” spots along the course)
– ICEE POP station toward the end!
7:15AM – 5K STARTS (But again, be sure to be over the bridge and on the island by 6:45am)
– 1 Water Stop with Gatorade and Water.
8:00AM – 1 MILE STARTS
– A Fun Walk/Run on the road – 100% of the money from this race go to the Turtle Patrol!
8:30AM – 1 MILE & 5K AWARDS
– Top 3 overall Male/Female and Every 5 Year Age Groups
9:45AM – HALF MARATHON AWARDS
– Top 3 overall Male/Female and Every 5 Year Age Groups
10:30AM – RACE CUT-OFF TIME
– To ensure runner safety, as we pick up cones and police assistance is relieved, we will ask for runners still on the road to move to the sidewalk at this point.
*If you go to the website: http://runoib.com you will see a large course map and a printable PDF for all of the routes. We will also have a large map for you to look at during packet pickup and by the start line on race day.
1) Pre-hydrate and use all of our waterstops! Pre-hydration for a half marathon should also take place in the days before the event!
2) When running where it hasn’t been coned off, please run where signs and volunteers direct you, stay to the side of the road and be courteous of drivers and residents.
3) Follow your race arrows on ground, signs, overhead and volunteers on course.
4) Find a pace group at the beginning to place yourself in the corral by speed even if you don’t plan to run with the pace group.
5) Don’t let headphones and music keep you from hearing runners and what’s around you. Be a conscious and courteous runner.
6) If you need to walk, please pull over to the side first so runners right behind you can easily get around without stopping.
SOCIAL MEDIA – WIN A FREE RACE ENTRY!
We do this every race and it’s a fun way to share pictures and have a chance to run for free! Use #RunOIB to share with your friends you’re running in this race. Take pictures of your practice runs, during the race and at the after party on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram. We’ll be sharing your pics on our website and facebook page. Be sure to tag us or post to our page so that we see your pictures! 1 Lucky winner from the photos uploaded will win a FREE entry into any of our races – your choice! You can start sharing pictures NOW!
DON’T MISS THESE AMAZING BEACH RACES!
#1) FULL Marathon in Oak Island (A lighthouse, 2 bridges and 11 scenic miles of beachfront running) Click Here
#2) Sign-up NOW for the 2018 BAM race series of half marathons and 5K’s! Click Here
#3) For a Limited Time, we have SLASHED our prices on the Holiday Hustle 5K series + Free tshirt if you sign up for the whole series!
We have 4 really fun holiday themed certified 5K road races to keep you motivated and moving. Runners will earn a unique item (Hat, Beach Towel, Tumbler, Buff) instead of a race shirt at each of the events along with some more fun medals! Check out the race dates and details below:
Shallotte Trick or Trot on Oct. 28th (Buff)
Calabash Turkey Trot on Nov. 23rd (Hat)
Southport Ugly Sweater 5K on Dec. 16th (Tumbler)
Sunset Beach New Years Plunge 5K on Jan. 1st, 2018 (Beach Towel)
See more info and register online at CoastalRaceProductions.com